An update regarding coronavirus (COVID-19)
(Updated March 18, 2020)
As the COVID-19 impact and response is rapidly evolving, we are doing the best we can at NASSP and Student Leadership to make decisions thoughtfully and quickly. At this moment, the National Student Council Conference is still scheduled to take place on June 22–24, 2020. If the event is canceled due to public health or any other concerns, any registrations paid to NASSP will be fully refunded.
For those who must also commit and make travel arrangements, we can tell you that we expect to issue an updated status on the conference by April 11. That said, this situation is evolving quickly, so there is a possibility that we will make an updated announcement prior to April 11. We ask that you check this website for the latest information, and we will also push email updates directly to our NatStuCo network and registered attendees.
We apologize that this is the most information that we can provide at this time. Again, any registrations paid to NASSP for the National Student Council Conference will be refunded in the event of cancellation. Airline fees, ground transportation, hotels, and other arrangements and policies are not under our purview and we cannot speak for those policies. That said, given the national and international impact of COVID-19, it is our understanding that many travel companies have instituted temporary policies that are sensitive to this situation. We can only recommend that you work with those companies and agencies directly to do what is best for your school or delegation.
For news and resources about coronavirus from the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), visit the Coronavirus Resources page.
- What is the typical National Student Council Conference schedule? Click here to view a sample schedule.
- What is the registration cost?
- Early-Bird Member: $379—April 21
- Early-Bird Nonmember: $479
- Regular Member: $409—April 22–June 21
- Regular Nonmember: $509
- Is there a printable registration form? No. Registration is only available online.
- What if I forgot my registration login information? Email info@NatStuCoConference.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8, for assistance.
- Where do I mail my check payment? Checks can be mailed to NASSP – NatStuCo Conference / P.O. Box 417939 / Boston, MA 02241-7939
- Check-to-Follow Payment Policy—Due Dates
- After June 5, 2020, all online registrations must be paid for with credit card. For those who indicated Check to Follow before June 5, 2020, if check payment is not received by June 15, 2020, your registration will be cancelled. We do not accept payments onsite.
- Check-to-Follow Payment Policy—Due Dates
- Where can I find the NASSP W9 form? You can download it here.
- Are purchase orders accepted as payment for conference registration? No. Payment is accepted via check or credit card only.
- Can I pay for a single registration within a school delegation? Yes. See our registration step-by-step guide for details.
- What does my conference registration include? Registration includes the conference program and accompanying materials, as well as three (3) meals on Monday and Tuesday, breakfast and lunch on Wednesday, transportation from hotel to school, and conference bag.
- Does my registration fee cover any meals? Yes: Three (3) meals on Monday and Tuesday, breakfast and lunch on Wednesday.
- When will I receive my registration materials? All materials will be provided on-site at conference registration. You will receive a “know before you go” email one week prior to the conference with an overview of items to have on hand when you arrive.
- Does NASSP offer discounts for large school delegations? No. There are no group discounts.
- Does NASSP offer need-based scholarships to attend? No.
- Do you have to be a member to attend? While NatStuCo membership is not required, current members receive a reduced registration rate. Click here to join NatStuCo.
- What is the cancellation policy? There is a $35 cancellation fee per registration. We allow cancellations until two (2) weeks before the show date. After that, no cancellations will be honored, only substitutions. Registrations may be transferred to another student or adviser using the Substitution Form located here. Refunds will not be issued for substitutions or no shows.
- How should students and advisers dress for the conference? School-appropriate dress is required.
- What forms are required? Required forms include:
- Can I earn credits for attending National Student Council Conferences? No, but you will obtain a professional contact hour certificate when your post-conference evaluation is completed and submitted.
- How do I register a parent, chaperone, or co-adviser? First, you will need to add the parent, chaperone, or co-adviser to your school record. Please email email@example.com with the name and email of the person you are wanting to add including their role/title. You can also call 1-800-253-7746, option 4 to have them added. Once they are added you can then register them for the conference. Questions? Contact us at info@NatStuCoConference.org or (800) 253-7746 (option 8).
- How do I get back to my registration if I don’t complete it in one user session? You can log back into your registration and choose “Returning Group Login” or “Returning Adviser Login” to continue your session.
- Who do I contact if I have difficulty registering? You may email us at info@NatStuCoConference.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8.
- What is the adviser/parent chaperone-to-student ratio? One adviser or parent/chaperone is required for every 15 high school students or 12 middle level students.
- Can I get an exception to the ratio rate? There are no exceptions.
- Can a parent attend? Parents can attend in the role of a parent/chaperone. Please see our step-by-step registration guide for information on how to register them.
- Do advisers/parent chaperones need to be in attendance with and available to their students at all times? Yes.
- Are my hotel accommodations included in the registration fee? No. Information for reserving hotels and booking travel can be found on the Hotel & Travel page for the National Student Council Conference you are attending.
- What are my hotel costs? Hotel rates can be found on the Costs page.
- Who do I contact if I have questions or problems reserving hotel rooms? For assistance with a hotel reservation issue, please contact Erin Dillard via email at Erin.Dillard@conferencedirect.com.
- Does my registration fee cover any type of transportation throughout the event weekend? Yes. You will be responsible for all transportation costs to your conference hotel. Transportation is provided from the conference hotels to the school and to the airport on the last day. Review the Hotel & Travel page for the National Student Council Conference you are attending for information on airline discounts and ground transportation. In some cases, the hotel may have a complimentary shuttle service to take you to and from the airport.
- Who can present workshops? Students, advisers, college students, professional speakers, and leadership consultants are all welcome to present National Student Council Conference workshops.
- What do I need to do to present a workshop? You must apply to present a workshop at a National Student Council Conference. Workshops should be 45 minutes long and they all take place on the Saturday of the conference. Information on how to apply, as well as the application, can be found on the Presenter Information page.
- Is there compensation or a discount for presenting a workshop? No.
Any additional questions not covered here? Feel free to contact us at info@NatStuCoConference.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8.