We’re going virtual!
The 2020 National Student Council Conference is being reimagined as a FREE virtual event!
To ensure that the first-ever virtual National Student Council Conference is the best possible experience for students, advisers, and all participants, this year’s dates are shifting to July 22–24. The new time frame allows NatStuCo to carefully craft this unique leadership experience—and it gives you time to register for this free online event!
All registrations paid to NASSP for the National Student Council Conference have been refunded.
Refunds to paid registrations were processed the week of April 6 to the original form of payment that you used when you placed your order. For credit cards, please allow 3–5 days for funds to appear on your credit card statement. Checks typically take about two weeks to deliver, although some have reported delays in postal service due to COVID-19.
Please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-253-7746, option 8, if you have questions or concerns about your refund.
Airline fees, ground transportation, hotels, and other arrangements and policies are not under our purview and we cannot speak for those policies. That said, given the national and international impact of COVID-19, it is our understanding that many travel companies have instituted temporary policies that are sensitive to this situation. We can only recommend that you work with those companies and agencies directly to do what is best for your school or delegation.
For information and resources on how COVID-19 is affecting student councils across the country, visit NatStuCo’s COVID-19 landing page. This page features recommendations around virtual elections, online learning resources, remote service project ideas, and resources from partner organizations. If you have any additional resources that would benefit the student councils nationwide, please send them to NatStuCo@NatStuCo.org. Bookmark this page, as we will be updating it periodically.
Additional news and resources about coronavirus are available from the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) on their Coronavirus Resources page.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020 VIRTUAL CONFERENCE WILL BE FREE TO ALL.
- What will the schedule of the virtual conference be? The 2020 National Student Council Conference will take place Wednesday, July 22 through Friday, July 24, starting each day at 12:30 P.M. (ET) and lasting 3.5–4 hours depending on the day’s scheduled programming.
- What is the registration cost?
- The 2020 National Student Council Conference is FREE. Register here.
- When does registration close? The registration deadline is Wednesday, July 15.
- How do I register my group? For the virtual event, there is no group registration. All attendees must register themselves.
- I registered but didn’t receive a confirmation email. What should I do? You must receive the confirmation emails in order to gain access to the virtual event. If you did not receive a confirmation email upon registering, please contact info@NatStuCoConference.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8, for assistance.
- How many of my council members can register? All may be registered to attend.
- If I already registered for the in-person event, do I need to re-register for the virtual event? Yes, and all attendees must register themselves. Share this link with your students!
- Is there a printable registration form? No. Registration is only available online.
- What if I forgot my registration login information? Email info@NatStuCoConference.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8, for assistance.
- When will I receive my registration materials? You will receive a “know before you go” email one week prior to the conference with an overview of important information.
- Do you have to be a member to attend? No. The 2020 National Student Council Conference is open to all, regardless of membership status.
- How should students and advisers dress for the conference? School-appropriate dress is required.
- Can I earn credits for attending National Student Council Conferences? No, but you will obtain a professional contact hour certificate when your post-conference evaluation is completed and submitted.
- How do I register a parent, chaperone, or co-adviser? This year, anyone can register as an individual to attend the conference.
- Who do I contact if I have difficulty registering? You may email us at info@NatStuCoConference.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8.
- Who can present workshops? Students, advisers, college students, professional speakers, and leadership consultants are all welcome to present National Student Council Conference workshops.
- What do I need to do to present a workshop? You must apply to present a workshop at a National Student Council Conference. This year, we’ve added more ways for you and your student leaders to actively participate in the conference. More information can be found on the Presenter Information page.
- Is there compensation for presenting a workshop? No.
Any additional questions not covered here? Feel free to contact us at info@NatStuCoConference.org or call 800-253-7746, option 8.